Thank you everyone for coming out this year!
Thank you as well for your understanding in cancelling the upper portion of the course. Even with a shortened course, there were several stellar performances. The top 10 placements in each category earned a ticket to USACycling National Championships!
All the results can be found with this link.
We captured a few podium photos. We posted them in a few places depending on your social networking preferences.
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/102478561654274521549/photos/+Ltrsports/albums/6004385437492851937
All the Rumble Race Intel can be found at this link!
The course will be marked on Friday. We are starting in the morning, so most likely it will be completed by early afternoon.
In connection with the race, we are doing a raffle. Each ticket is $5. All the proceeds go back to our VERY hard working local trail organization COPMOBA. The drawing for the bike will be during the awards. Step up and purchase a few tickets, it’s a great cause!
You are starting the Mountain Bike Season in Grand Junction / Fruita, and we appreciate that. How about coming back in the Late Summer / Fall! Our friends at Epic Rides are hosting a great race (I have done it, so it is a real testimonial) Aug 29-31. More info here!
April 18, 2014 – Desert Clean Up Day! We are sponsoring a desert clean up day. The majority of the work will happen between 10a and 3p, but feel free to stop by and pick up a few spent shot gun shells or beer cans any time! We have provided and paid for a roll-off dumpster to be located in the lower desert at the Rumble at 18 Road Start / Finish Area. We are putting the word out, but please spread the word with your friends. More hands always helps. We are not asking for any huge time commitment, heck, just come out for a ride, pick up debris for 15 minutes, refuel with some H2O, and continue with your ride.
Spring has arrived in Fruita! Our base layer is now Sunscreen, the desert flowers are blooming, and the 10 day extended forecast is calling for 78 degrees and sunny on race day!
All the race information is right here!
Registration is here!
We do need a couple of volunteers from 7a – 3pm on Saturday the 19th of April. If you can help us out, we would appreciate it. Just send Mike an email / text / phone call.
We did some updating, and The Rumble at 18 Road has a new home on the web. You can find out all the intel, registration, etc… right here.
Still snow on the ground, but it won’t be long until Spring comes and we all start dressing with sunscreen as our baselayer.
We have been working on a couple of really cool things for the Rumble.
- USAC Qualifier! We have been officially selected by USACycling as a qualifier for the USACycling National Championships. What does that mean? There are 11 events in the United States that Mountain Bike Athletes can go to to qualify to participate in the USACycling National Championships. Rumble at 18 Road is the ONLY race in the United States West of the Continental Divide. Who can register? Good question, we are open to anyone! Even if you have never raced, come try it. Have any questions? Send them to Mike our race director. You can email him at mike (at) ltrsports (.) com
- Rumble at 18 Road is an official stop for the Intermountain Cup! The ICUP is one of the greatest mountain bike series in the United States. What does that mean? We are proud to be selected as a stop on the series! Do you have to do the entire series? Nope. If you only race Rumble at 18 Road this year, you will have accomplished three things:
- Had a lot of fun on a really cool course.
- Earned yourself an invitation to the USACycling National Championships (place in the top 10 in your category).
- Earned points in the Intermountain Cup Mountain Bike Series.
That is truly multi-tasking!
Event date is set for 19 April, 2014. Online registration opens 13 December, 2014 at 7pm mst!
Get yourself registered, we will fill up quickly!
Event details, and registration can be found here:
Thank you everyone for coming out! 2013 was the best and largest year yet. Great Volunteers, Venues, Sponsors, Athletes, Families made it all work!
On to the results …
Bend the Cross – Palisade Results HERE
2013 Overall Results HERE
No category has a clear dominant winner yet! It’s all going to come down to the wire in Palisade on November 23rd. Here are your overall results right now.
Thanks everyone for coming out! Great Weather, Great Course, and most of all, GREAT ATHLETES made for a fun time. The days results are posted here. We are tallying the season overall, and it will be available shortly.
Special thanks to Hot Tomato for adding their special ingredients to the Awesomeness!
Creepy Canyon Cross was a fantastic race! Thanks everyone for coming out making it great.
Two races complete means it is time to start tallying the 2013 Cyclocross Series Overall Series Results. You can find them right here!